Updated: Jan 9
This torte is deliciously light and packs a flavour punch with the sweetness of almonds, coconut, tangy lemon zest and beautifully soft raspberries. It makes for the perfect festive dessert or special gathering of any kind. This recipe is also gluten, dairy free and can be made vegan with your chosen egg substitute. The torte can be served either cool or warm, with a little icing sugar sprinkled on or custard if desired. Although, in my opinion, it is just pure heaven on its own!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
250 gm of organic almond meal
70 gm of organic shredded coconut
200 gm of organic coconut sugar
Zest from 1 organic and non-waxed lemon
A good pinch of Himalayan pink rock salt
4 free range and organic eggs (or your preferred egg substitute)
1 tsof organic and pure vanilla essence
150 ml of coconut oil, melted and cooled
250 gm of fresh or dried raspberries
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line or lightly grease a 28-30 cm pie or tart baking tray.
2. Place all dry ingredients in a bowl. Combine well with your hands or a wooden spoon if you prefer.
3. In another bowl, take the eggs and vanilla essence. Whisk quickly until the mixture becomes frothy and light. Whisk in the melted coconut oil.
4.. Gently combine the dry and wet ingredients together with a wooden spoon.
5. Pour the mixture into the baking tray and smooth, until level, with the back of the wooden spoon or spatula.
6. Take the raspberries and arrange on the top of the torte as you like – gently press them into the mixture with your finger, but ensure that they still can be seen on the top.
7. Bake for 45-50 minutes until golden brown and the torte has retracted from the sides of the pan.
8. Allow to cool slightly in the tin for 10 minutes and then gently remove out onto a cooling wrack.
9. Serve with the above suggestions if desired and enjoy!
The sole purpose of these articles is to provide information about the science of Ayurveda. If you have an acute or chronic health concern, please consult your chosen trained health care professional who can fully assess your needs and address them effectively. If you are seeking the medical advice of a qualified Ayurvedic Practitioner, contact The Sattva Centre directly - firstname.lastname@example.org