Aloe Vera and Sandalwood have deeply healing properties for Pitta aggravated skin. This mask used intermittently within your self care routine can assist with facial skin conditions such as sunburn, acne, Rosacea, excess sweat, a mild breakout or for inflammation and heat induced by excess alcohol consumption. Please DO NOT apply this mask if you have a skin infection or open wound. Below, I have added some "mixers" to combine the powders in order to best pacify your general Dosha constitution or current health needs. Not sure what your skin requires? Please don't hesitate to be in touch via our To Connect page here and we will be happy to guide you in the right direction.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Roughly 2 tablespoons of Sandalwood Powder
- Roughly 2 tablespoons of Aloe Vera Powder
- Approximately 3-4 tablespoons of your chosen base as listed below for your Dosha skin type:
Vata (dry, fine-pored, wrinkled, thin skin) - A nourishing oil such as black sesame or almond, or warm pre-boiled cows milk.
Pitta (warm, sensitive, mildly oily, freckled skin) - Fresh lime juice, coconut water or coconut milk.
Kapha (thick, oily, translucent, large-pored skin) - Room temperature or warm buttermilk or plain water.
1. In a small bowl, combine all ingredients until a smooth paste forms.
2. Apply a thin layer all over the face and leave on for 10-20 minutes until starting to dry out.